Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 2: Excuses, Excuses

So I just finished a three mile run, plus extra mile walk, and it was brutal. This weekend we (Andy and I) lounged around and didn't run or even walk ... very far. We did walk to the corner and back (to get Italian food and a movie). Full of excuses (even if they were good ones), he had a cold, we had to clean the house, birthday party, no time now. So it's not even week two and I already have excuses. I've decided to make a list of all the excuses... that I thought about on the run today (even though today it was warm and sunny outside) and why they are not valid!
  • It's too nice outside to run. --- It's to nice outside to not run.
  • It's raining. --- You have a hat!
  • It's dark. --- Your running shirt is bright yellow and jacket is white; you won't get hit.
  • I'm tired; work was hard. --- Suck it up. It'll make you feel better, or at least sleep better later.
  • I'm too busy to run. ---  Run fast, it'll take less time. Maybe you'll have to skip your TV show tonight, too bad, so sad.
  • My legs are tired from yesterday. --- You can rest tomorrow! Bubble bath/ice later!
So tomorrow, let's go running! I bet it'll be better than today, now that I have no excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment